Shutters offer a timeless appeal and grace to accent any room.
Simply put, nothing compares to the warmth and richness of a wood shutter!
Most shutters are offered in multiple configurations to cover all types of windows, including bow, bay, French doors, patio doors and specialty shapes.
Iris Window Coverings is most pleased to represent a variety of shutter suppliers, and are thus able to furnish these exquisite window treatments in a variety of styles and price points.
A shutter usually pivots on both sides of a window opening inward to allow access to the window and to allow light into the room.
Standard shutters have panels with movable louvers which can rotate open and closed by means of a tilt bar to control the amount of light that is allowed into the room. These panels may be hinged together to provide for wider widths.
Shutters can also be configured in a single unit that uses one panel from top to bottom of a window opening, or they can be stacked with one unit above another. The stacked type of shutter features separate panels, which allows each panel to be operated independently from the other panels.
Plantation shutters are made with a horizontal divider rail which separates the slats in the upper and lower portions of the shutter panel. This allows the lower section of louvers to be operated independently from the top section. The whole panel still rotates into the room to allow access to the window.
Shutters are constructed from numerous types of wood, which can be then be painted or stained to match any color. Shutters are made to close tolerances to provide the best possible fit.
- Iris Window Coverings can motorize almost any shutter and is recognized as the leader in motorized window coverings in the Seattle/Puget Sound area.
- Available in three materials Hardwood, PolySatin PVC), Composition (PVC/Wood)
- Louver wides from 2 ½" to 5 ½"
- Large selection of standard colors and finishes
- Custom colors
- Hinges offered in different colors and finishes
- Designer options such as Divider Rails and Split Pull Bars
- Specialty shapes including arch and angle tops
- Bay and Corner Windows (minimum and maximum sizes may apply)
- All shutters meet the ANSI Standard for child safety