Roller Shading Systems
Skylights can create architectural visual interest in homes or offices with high ceilings or sloped walls, while also providing additional natural light to interior spaces.
But these windows are often a source of unwanted heat loss, heat gain and UV exposure.
Thus, Skylight Window Coverings can protect against UV damage, while also helping to insulate the space and lower energy bills.
Skylight Window Coverings come in many different forms. The primary types are Louver Shading Systems or Roller Shading Systems for use in either interior or exterior applications, or Cellular Shades or Pleated Shades for use in interior situations only.
All are available in a number of styles, and from a variety of vendors. Most are motorized for client convenience, but can also be manually operated.
Roller Shading Systems utilizing sunscreen fabrics offer light-filtering qualities that diffuse light, reduce glare and control solar heat gain yet maintain excellent outward visibility.
Available in a number of different types of blackout fabrics.
Reduce the fading of textiles and interior furnishings by significantly blocking harmful UV rays.
- Motorization and Automation available
- Fire rated (pass NFPA 701) fabrics
- Available in myriad styles and colors
- Openness factors from 1% to 14%
- Blackout fabrics available
- When used with side channels and top and bottom boxes will produce an almost total blackout of light from the skylight
- Sustainable and Greenguard Certified fabrics
- All Roller Shading Systems meet the ANSI Standard for child safety